Saturday, August 8, 2009

Finals, Phantom, and spider bites

Finals are finally over! It was an insane day! We all wanted to die! I'm so happy that they are done and that we can get back to somewhat normal life and really enjoy London for our last few days here! 

In the middle of finals, Koryl, Diana, Kaitlin, Erika and I took a quick trip to the British Library! We got to see some super old books and the original handwriting of Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Mozart, Handle, the Bettles and many others. Also a copy of the lovely Magna Carta was there. Super cool! 

Last night Koryl, Diana, Kaitlin and I went to Phantom. BEST. SHOW. EVER! I really think it was one of the greatest shows I've ever seen! The singing was amazing!!!!!!! I Loved it and want to see it again! It really was the perfect end to the day and it warmed my heart and soul! I think I had goose bumps the entire time! 


This week really has been insane and on top of that, I've had a pretty nasty cold. Nothing too serious, but now I sound like a 40-year old smoker. I just can't wait to sleep!!! 



Today, we got up and went over to Queensway and got some last minute shopping done for some family and things. We headed down to the Tate Modern after. Umm... I honestly don't know how I feel about that museum. The first thing I saw were some dead birds... but we did see some pretty stuff! Sadly, I didn't find mom's favorite painting. We looked around for it, but ran out of steam fairly quickly. 

Then we headed off to Camden Market. Such an interesting market. I'd been there before last week and enjoyed it, but Kaitlin hadn't seen it, so yeah...

Well, about the spider bite... something weird bit my leg about 2 days ago. Since then, I've been reacting pretty weird to it. My leg basically feels like its on fire a lot of the time and its nice and red. Today my leg and foot were pretty swollen.... walking around has been loads of fun. I should be just fine, but getting home will be nice.

Tonight we are having a soccer game/ice cream social. Its going to be nice to be around everyone and just have everything nice and calm. I"m really going to miss this crowd. I was telling Trevor the other day that things might be a little different for us this coming Fall/Winter Semester because now I have friends! We're planning a road trip to Idaho sometime soon to visit Sarah and Caitlin!!! I'm so excited! 

Tomorrow  I am teaching Relief Society and its going to be quite the adventure! Then we are all just planning on taking it easy and packing. I'm leaving monday. My flight leaves at 1:20, but I'll probably be leaving the centre around 9:00. I have a 5 hour layover in Atlanta where I'll meet up with some kids because we have the same flight to SLC. Its going to be a fun adventure!!

Love you all and see you very soon! That is, if I make it home in one piece!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment