Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Stratford upon Avon and so much more!

Sunday was great! Such a good day! I do love sundays even if going to church here is a little bit of a pain. We had a great Sacrament meeting followed by some great lessons including one taught by Jordan and me! Ha ha good times! Then, somehow the Relief Society President caught up to me and I was stuck. Yep.. I have to teach my first Relief Society lesson on sunday.... after finals, a bunch of reading, and a paper. Gotta love London homework...

Monday we went to Stratford upon Avon and saw some very Shakespeare-like things: his mother's house, Anne Hathaway's house, and his birthplace. It wasn't extremely eventful. Probably the best part of the day was when Diana, Koryl, and I were looking through the windows at a jewelry store and Koryl hit her head on the glass. haha We saw Shakespeare's grave, walked around the town, ate some really good ice cream and enjoyed being out of crazy London for a bit! We went to Witherspoon's for dinner! SOO good! The bar tender wanted to check our IDs which turned into a small fiasco. I'm pretty sure we all look over 18, which is the drinking age here, but whatever. It was fun! After dinner, we met some drunk guys from Birmingham. They were crazy funny and they loved Americans.... I've never had anyone tell me they like my accent before, but I'll take it! 

Then we went to the Shakespeare play, A Winters Tale. I maybe kinda fell asleep for most of the first half, so the second half I didn't have any clue what was going on. It was pretty boring, not going to lie, and all I wanted to do was get back on the bus and head back to the center. We had about a 2 hour drive ahead of us... 

We didn't get back to the center until close to 1 am. I was not a very happy camper. And I didn't really recover for the next morning. 

Kaitlin and I have kitchen duty this week which has turned out to be super annoying. We lose about 2 hours every day of time we could spend either studying or playing. It mostly just stinks to have it the last week we are here..

oh well...

The rest of this week is full of studying. I don't know how often I"ll post, but I'll be home in about 5 days! I can't believe how fast this time has flown by! 

Love you all and see you very very soon! I can't wait for BYU Football with Michael and Brianna!!! Its gonna be awesome!!!

Sorry, too lazy to try and upload pictures on our awful internet! 

See ya!

1 comment:

  1. Becca, were you DRINKING??? ha, jk. Football, football, football, football, FOOTBALL!!!!!!!! I'm soooooooooooo excited!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete